Tell us about your journey in skincare
My journey in skincare didn’t start until I was 21 years old. I had pretty normal skin throughout my life. In fact, my sister was the one in the family that dealt with acne. The older I got the more I noticed my skin was becoming so dry. I’ve always had a knack for skincare, beauty, and wellness, so I would just do a lot of hydrating DIY masks. It wasn’t until I went to Esthetic School where I noticed more problems in my skin like hyperpigmentation, dullness, and dehydration; I wasn’t just dry, I was oily too. I learned I had combination skin which really helped me learn the key component of it: balance. I started my journey then like everyone else, testing and trying products from all different scopes, prices, and ranges. I then went through a super traumatic time in my life for about 2 years and my skin really reflected it. Now with more knowledge and of course the help of a product from Hello Ava I’m back to where I need to be.
What have you tried?I tried every routine there was! I stopped exfoliating and using a toner for a while because my skin would flare up after every product I tried. No products were able to penetrate the way they should because my pores were so clogged. It wasn’t until I realized the importance of exfoliation and toning and what ingredients worked best for me that everything changed for my skin.
How has HelloAva helped? HelloAva brought me to the two staple products I will love forever...
PCA Pore Refining Treatment
- Physical, enzymatic and cellular exfoliation with an advanced combination of ingredients
- Minimizes the appearance of pores by absorbing excess oil stuck in the pores
- Purifies the skin and sweeps away any dead skin cell build up, or excess dirt and debris
Sunday Riley Brightening Enzyme Water Cream
- Water-based moisturizer containing fruit enzymes, hyaluronic acid, and tamarind fruit extract
- Improves hydration, radiance, and texture
- Balances out oily and combination skin by increasing the water content in the skin
Ingredient Spotlight: Hyaluronic Acid
- Keeps the skin hydrated, plump, and healthy
- Provides weightless moisture and antioxidant benefits
- Maximizes collagen levels and helps improve texture
- Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles and reduces inflammation