Tell us about your journey in skincare
My journey in skincare didn’t start until I was 21 years old. I had pretty normal skin throughout my life. In fact, my sister was the one in the family that dealt with acne. The older I got the more I noticed my skin was becoming so dry. I’ve always had a knack for skincare, beauty, and wellness, so I would just do a lot of hydrating DIY masks. It wasn’t until I went to Esthetic School where I noticed more problems in my skin like hyperpigmentation, dullness, and dehydration; I wasn’t just dry, I was oily too. I learned I had combination skin which really helped me learn the key component of it: balance. I started my journey then like everyone else, testing and trying products from all different scopes, prices, and ranges. I then went through a super traumatic time in my life for about 2 years and my skin really reflected it. Now with more knowledge and of course the help of a product from Hello Ava I’m back to where I need to be.
What have you tried?
I tried every routine there was! I stopped exfoliating and using a toner for a while because my skin would flare up after every product I tried.
- Kiehls Conditioning Cucumber Cleanser and the Calendula Foaming Wash, tone
- Irish Extract Activating Treatment and then the Ultra Facial Cream
How did your skin feel?
- Extremely dry
How has HelloAva helped?
HelloAva brought me to the two staple products I will love forever...
- Physical, enzymatic and cellular exfoliation with an advanced combination of ingredients
- Minimizes the appearance of pores by absorbing excess oil stuck in the pores
- Purifies the skin and sweeps away any dead skin cell build up, or excess dirt and debris
- Water-based moisturizer containing fruit enzymes, hyaluronic acid, and tamarind fruit extract
- Improves hydration, radiance, and texture
- Balances out oily and combination skin by increasing the water content in the skin
Ingredient Spotlight: Hyaluronic Acid
- Keeps the skin hydrated, plump, and healthy
- Provides weightless moisture and antioxidant benefits
- Maximizes collagen levels and helps improve texture
- Smoothes fine lines and wrinkles and reduces inflammation